Organize a Donation Drive
Rally your company, school, sports team, or other community group to gather dresses
and accessories for Kenzie’s CLOSET!
Follow these easy steps for a successful dress drive:
Company, Community or School Donation Drive
1. GET VOLUNTEERS — Don't try to do this alone! Talk to others, get them excited about the
project and get commitments from people who are willing to help.
2. SET DATE & LOCATION — Check with your volunteers and select a date and location that
works for everyone.
3. PROMOTE — Make sure you spread the word! Download and fill out the promotional flyer,
make copies, give them to your volunteers and post them everywhere you think potential donors
will see them. You also can send out a short publicity notice to area newspapers for publication in
their community calendar or to churches for publication in their bulletins. Make sure the place, time
and date you are collecting are prominent in all of your promotional activities.
4. GET PLACE TO STORE DRESSES — Make sure you have a large and clean place to store the dresses and accessories that people will be bringing. Don't worry about sorting the donations; once we get them from you, we will sort through all of the donations you have received.
5. SCHEDULE VOLUNTEERS — Make sure there are always enough volunteers on-site to help on the day(s) of your dress drive. It's better to schedule too many than not to have enough! Anticipate the busiest times for donation drop-off and schedule extra people during those times.
6. COLLECT DONATION INFORMATION — We want to thank our donors, and send them a tax-deduction letter after their donation. Ask the donors to attach a note to the item which includes a description of the item(s) donated, the estimated value of the item(s), their name, address, and phone number. We have pre-printed forms if you want to pick them up before the dress drive.
7. DELIVER THE DONATIONS — Please call us at 533-PROM for information.
Personal Dress Drive
You can make a difference in the lives of many deserving young girls by arranging a personal dress drive of prom dresses and items from your friends, relatives, classmates or co-workers.
Write, e-mail or call everyone you think may contribute and tell them to drop off their donations (dresses or monetary) at a location you choose.
You can deliver the collected items to one of these locations:
• Appearance Plus Cleaners, Hyde Park: 3505 Erie Avenue phone: 321-9959
• Appearance Plus Cleaners, Anderson: 6812 Clough Pike phone: 624-3857
Please remind participants that their donations are tax-deductible. Have them include a donation form with their donation to receive a tax-deduction letter in return.
Download your materials here: